Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Attention Beer Drinkers. . .

Postby BurningNebula » Sat May 24, 2014 10:38 am

Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Re: Attention Beer Drinkers. . .

Postby Kethron » Sat May 24, 2014 1:11 pm

I don't really drink any of the ones listed except Newcastle and Guinness. Newcastle isn't a regular, and is something I could live without, and I'm glad to see they got clarification that Guinness isn't using anything "bad." High Fructose Corn Syrup wouldn't have been a deal-breaker, regardless.

The rest of the beers on that list aren't real beers, IMHO.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Sat May 24, 2014 1:17 pm

FYI - My wife is awesome, as she encourages me to indulge in my craft beer habit. Also, she bought me a Guinness t-shirt. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Tue May 27, 2014 8:21 am

An ingredient from fish bladder is bad? No, just icky.

Hate to say it, but that article read like a craft beer propaganda rag. The list was very far from complete, the good alternatives that they listed were sparse and, again, nowhere near complete. And I don't agree with all the furor about GMO crops. We've been breeding domesticated plants for centuries. By now they're ALL GMO, it's just a matter of the degree.
Verdigris

Postby BurningNebula » Thu May 29, 2014 11:12 am

While I was reading it, I was thinking to myself. . . I used to drink these, but because of Kethron I don't. :lol:

By now they're ALL GMO, it's just a matter of the degree.

That's what I was wondering myself, and if using GMO was something new?

I had a couple of people send me this article and say, "Don't drink these, they cause cancer."

Ummm just about everything in excess causes cancer now days. Just do it in moderation, and I don't drink that much.

Ok ok ok, maybe in High School, and usually it wasn't beer. .. well maybe as a chaser. The Goldschlager made the beer tasty!

Now it's for the taste.
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby BurningNebula » Thu May 29, 2014 11:16 am

Kethron wrote:FYI - My wife is awesome, as she encourages me to indulge in my craft beer habit. Also, she bought me a Guinness t-shirt. 8-)

Though I haven't met her, or knew there was another wifey! I like her already! :mrgreen:
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 am

Saint Arnold's Summer Pils is a nice beer for this time of the year. It's one of their "seasonals", and I usually have at least one six pack of it a year. Had a glass of it last night at the Astros game. 8-)
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Kethron wrote:Saint Arnold's Summer Pils is a nice beer for this time of the year. It's one of their "seasonals", and I usually have at least one six pack of it a year. Had a glass of it last night at the Astros game. 8-)

Have ya'll made any trips to the Saint Arnold's Brewery? Always can get Austin the Root Beer!!!
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:53 am

BurningNebula wrote:
Kethron wrote:Saint Arnold's Summer Pils is a nice beer for this time of the year. It's one of their "seasonals", and I usually have at least one six pack of it a year. Had a glass of it last night at the Astros game. 8-)

Have ya'll made any trips to the Saint Arnold's Brewery? Always can get Austin the Root Beer!!!

Nope, not yet. May was a busy month, and June is turning out to be busier. We had two birthdays and a baptism in a 3 day span last weekend. :shock:

To put it one way: I haven't even played video games that much. :lol:
Kethron

Return to The Commons