logitech g930

Anything and everything.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

logitech g930

Postby Bliz » Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 am

Just curious, do any of you have any experience with the Logitech G930 headset? Or recommend any other one?

I currently have an Icemat Siberia v1, (before Steel Series took it over), but I have lost the mic. It was a lapel clip-on, so it was kind of cumbersome anyway. You had both the headset wire, and the mic wire both getting in your way. Having that experience, and the fact that also I am always rolling over the existing wire, I thought, why not upgrade to wireless? I have no sound card or speakers, I prefer headset all the time.

any thoughts?
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Re: logitech g930

Postby Verdigris » Wed May 15, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm using a g330 wired headset and love it. Wires suck, but they beat losing power at a bad time. ;)
My work setup uses a Jabra headset and that thing is amazing. But also about $300.
Verdigris

Postby Harka » Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 pm

I am using a turtle beach x12, it can work on the xbox or pc, its not too bad for the sub $75 dollar market, If you find it on sale it is significantly cheaper.
Harka

Postby Kethron » Thu May 16, 2013 9:40 am

Keep coming with these ideas, because I'm thinking of getting a new headset in the near future. The one I have was good 5 years ago, but I want to upgrade. I'm thinking of going wireless, but I'm not set on it.
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Thu May 16, 2013 10:23 am

I did more extensive research yesterday, and I think I'm going to go ahead and order the G930. Different headsets do different things well, and since I am loathe to plunk down $300 for an Astro A50, this one seems to do most of what I need. My son has a friend that has a set, about 3 years old, and he likes them, his only complaints are that the fake leather on the ear cushions are flaking off with age, and it disconnects sometimes, (which some reviewers have also attributed to age, saying that you can replace the dongle for about $10).

I haven't had a "soundcard" since I got my current Icemat, and the USB soundcard that came with that one has worked great. The inline volume control on it got real scratchy, and I eventually took it out after taking it apart and cleaning it several times.

I will let you know firsthand what I think of these when I get them in and use them for a bit.
Notable characters

Bliz

Postby Harka » Thu May 16, 2013 8:36 pm

MoBo Soundcards are great these days. You shouldnt waste money on a sound card.
Harka

Postby Bliz » Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 am

Just thought I would let you guys know that I got the g930 in, had it about a week, and so far I am quite pleased with it.

Amazon had it at a good price. It pretty much does everything it says.

-Its very comfortable, moreso than I thought it would be, and more comfortable than my the one I was using. The places where your ears go are a lot bigger than I thought. As a result, the cushions don't mash your ears, or even touch them. I never thought about this, but with my other headset (Icemat Siberia series) I would have to take them off every so often and rub my ears, with this one, I'm not having to do that.

-Sound quality seems good. I already had virtual surround, so I'm not noticing anything different. So far have just played Fallout NV, and Tomb Raider, but they sound good.

-Does a good job in making it so I don't hear outside noise. Better than my old headset, but thats not saying much because the old one was more open.

-haven't tried the mic yet.

-wireless is AWESOME. No more rolling over the cord!! charge lasts a long time, and it will charge via USB with the PC off.
Notable characters

Bliz

Return to The Commons