Camelot Unchained

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Camelot Unchained

Postby Kethron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Mark Jacobs, formerly of Mythic and person primarily responsible for Dark Age of Camelot, is making a spiritual successor called Camelot Unchained with his new company. He acknowledges that DAoC's PvE was subpar, which it was, but it's PvP/Realm vs. Realm was excellent, and the latter seems to be what they're focusing on for the new game.

http://citystateentertainment.com/camelotunchained/
Kethron

Re: Camelot Unchained

Postby Verdigris » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

I saw some on this a week or so back. Looked like it my be interesting. I've long griped about games with PvP elements only having two factions. Be nice to see three again.
Verdigris

Postby RemyCC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

Eh, I'd be interested if they spent the time to improve that sub-par PVE. WoW burned me out on PvP.
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

RemyCC wrote:Eh, I'd be interested if they spent the time to improve that sub-par PVE. WoW burned me out on PvP.

To be fair, the ONLY reason I did PvE i DAoC was to get to the PvP. The PvP there was never boring - it WAS the reason to play that game. It was definitely a great deal better than any PvP offering WoW has introduced.
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Kethron wrote:
RemyCC wrote:Eh, I'd be interested if they spent the time to improve that sub-par PVE. WoW burned me out on PvP.

To be fair, the ONLY reason I did PvE i DAoC was to get to the PvP. The PvP there was never boring - it WAS the reason to play that game. It was definitely a great deal better than any PvP offering WoW has introduced.

Very true, also been keeping my eye on "The Elder Scrolls Online," since they have the three factions.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Return to Games We Play