WildStar

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

WildStar

Postby Kethron » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 am

WildStar makes me think of WoW in space. That said, it looks like it could be a blast when it launches.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/
Kethron

Re: WildStar

Postby Kethron » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 pm

The latest "Wildstar Wednesday" State of the Game letter from Executive Producer Jeremy Gaffney, and a snippet from the article about leveling:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/ ... ntent=2013

Leveling: First off, leveling can get very tedious. You’ve killed a lot of goblins before – what can make it interesting again? This made us set the goal that during leveling, we want to have a more fun, more varied experience than anyone else. We do this in a few ways.

Content has to be varied up. We try to mix up every area with different interesting things beyond kill and Fed-ex quests – unique parts of the environment like low-gravity or giant robots blasting the ground you walk on, or dealing with dropships full of powerful monsters and rewards flying by. We layer in different quests, challenges, discoveries, and path content so that skilled players can be juggling different bonuses, temp powers, objectives, and rewards at their own pace.

That means making epic environments that don’t just look awesome and different, but also making environments that vary up your gameplay with different hazards and challenges - and things that help you, too (if you’re clever).

Beyond that, combat is something you do all the time, and we wanted to take this to the next level. We have aimed to have a combat system that rewards you for playing skillfully, not repetitively. We are making creatures that don’t feel like differently-hit-pointed clones. Each type should not just look unique, but actually have different attacks and interactions with the environment, providing a new set of tricks you can learn when you come up against a new creature.

In summary, we want you to not feel like you are on a rail, mesmerized by repetition, through level after level. We feel like if you’re getting bored while you’re working your way to the top tier of the game, we’re not doing our jobs. We want to raise that bar.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Here's an article (with an awesome short video) on Massively about WildStar's housing features and some of the higher level zones:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/22/pax-east-2013-a-first-look-at-wildstars-high-low-and-housing/
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 am

I think. . . I think! I'm in LOVE!!! :mrgreen:
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm

I've been in the closed beta for this for a few months now. It's a good, solid, fun game, but IMHO, it's nothing that "stands out" from the crowd.
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Broke down and purchased it.

Pretty fun, but yeah it's WoW in Space.

Gotta say I am enjoying the Stalker (Rogue,) class, and playing on the Exiles side.

Tried playing on the Dominion, but just a bit too psychotic for my taste. Yea, Yea, Yea in my old age I'm reaching my limit for psycho evil sides. :twisted:

Currently got a Aurin Stalker, Mordresh Engineer, and Human Spellslinger.

Aurin= Space Bunnies.

Mordresh= Space Zombie Elves

Humans= Rednecks from Outer Space

Granoks= Giant Stone dwarves that like beer. (Haven't made one yet.)

:twisted: :lol:

Mostly playing something before the big move in the first part of Sept.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Return to Games We Play