The new "Xbox One" Reveal

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: The new "Xbox One" Reveal

Postby BurningNebula » Fri May 24, 2013 2:11 pm

[/quote]
You can only play Xbox One games on the Xbox One. It's not backwards compatable with anything. I understand that, to an extent. The processor and graphics processor architechture have changed each generation. On the 360, Microsoft essentially created a software emulator in order to run original Xbox games. It was a time consuming process and not really worth it, from a business standpoint. They would need to do something similar with making 360 games run on the Xbox One (hereafter referred to as the XB1), but I imagine it would be even more difficult, given how the XB1 authenticates games.[/quote]

Now I'm a mixture of excited and sad.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Harka » Sat May 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Cant me in the " I think its a crock of SHIITE" that they dont make them backwards compatible.

To me it would be a major selling point if your a current XBOX games can play on the XB1. For me thats a no brainer then to progress to the XB1 as you get your old game library on the new system as well as buying any new game that you fancy to take advantage of the new systems advancements. One of the big reasons I usually dont go with consoles is they pull, in my opinion, stupid things like this.

Just my 2 cents.
Harka

Postby BurningNebula » Sun May 26, 2013 3:49 pm

The Xbox One Reveal in Two minutes.
Kinda funny
http://thechive.com/2013/05/24/the-xbox-one-reveal-in-2-minutes-video/
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Bliz » Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am

I'll stick with my PC.

what Harka said, plus-

I can always bring up some old game if I want to, and play it on my pc again. Sometimes I just get in the mood to play something that is years old. Sometimes it takes some finagling, but I "can" do it.

While my PC is connected to the internet, if the cable goes out, even for days, (yes, the Charter 'tards are capable of this now), or if there is something major, with all the weather events happening now, its not out of the question that internet could be down in an area for more than a month,and I've already heard of this happening, at least when the electricity came back on, I could boot up my PC and get some enjoyment and gaming pastime.

I love to play modded games, like the Bethesda ones. My absolute favorite type of game is a sandbox single player rpg, modded to my own preferences. can't do that with a console.

For some reason, I absolutely cannot grasp the gamepad keys. LOL!! don't know why, I have tried and tried to learn them, but I can't remember which key does what, and which finger it is on. Give me a mouse and keyboard!

Anyway, thats my reasoning. If I have to have a console, I've found that I do seem to prefer the playstation over the Xbox, though.
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Kethron » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:37 pm

It seems like most, if not all of my major gripes about the Xbox One have been remedied by Microsoft. Pressure from the public and rival companies will do that to you. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 am

Yeah. It's impressive how MS responded to public pressure. When you're selling a luxury item, you need to listen to what your target market actually wants. :) I'm still leaning PS4 right now, but we shall see. I was wholly XBox for this current gen of consoles and still ended up with both.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 am

I'll get the Xbox One before the PS4 - call me an Xbox fanboy, but I just "feel" more drawn to that console. Like you, I ended up with both a 360 and a PS3, and I'm sure I'll eventually get a PS4 as well.
Kethron

Previous

Return to Games We Play