Companions

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Companions

Postby RemyCC » Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Here is a decent guide to Companions in Neverwinter:

http://guidescroll.com/2013/05/neverwinter-companion-info-and-guide/
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Re: Companions

Postby Kethron » Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 am

I got my GWF up to 16 and chose the cleric companion. Having a healer with the GWF makes a world of difference.

I chose the Man at Arms for my Trickster Rogue, as he generates threat which should (in theory) make him the primary tank instead of my squishy TR.
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 am

I just read in a GWF guide that the healer saves a ton of gold (i.e.) healing pots for the GWF. Everything I'm reading makes me want to give the class another shot.

I chose the healer for my TR as well, once again based on a guide, and I haven't been dissapointed. The TR drops mobs so quickly I mostly don't really need a tank, but on those moments when I'm in over my head the healer companion has pulled me through. Totally worth it.

I'll post a link the class guides in another thread.
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Wed May 15, 2013 10:39 am

RemyCC wrote:I just read in a GWF guide that the healer saves a ton of gold (i.e.) healing pots for the GWF. Everything I'm reading makes me want to give the class another shot.

I can see where you might need a healing potion in a pinch for a battle against several "strong" enemies, but I've yet to heal myself yet - the cleric has been doing the job quite well.
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Wed May 15, 2013 10:55 am

Kethron wrote:I can see where you might need a healing potion in a pinch for a battle against several "strong" enemies, but I've yet to heal myself yet - the cleric has been doing the job quite well.

Cool. Will power through to 16 then. ;)
RemyCC

Postby Bliz » Wed May 15, 2013 11:40 am

cool, I will make an orc GWF after all and pair him with a cleric companion!
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Harka » Wed May 15, 2013 5:16 pm

I had read to go cleric with the TR but that was after i went Man at arms for the same reason Keth chose. I am thinking the cleric may have been a better choice as well but oh well. I may power through the GWF as well and get a cleric and see what the game play is like.
My TR is 21 now.
Harka

Postby Kethron » Thu May 16, 2013 9:14 am

I actually like the Man at Arms - I had my first experience with that companion last night as my Control Wizard. The combination of CW "control" and damage, along with the threat generation of the Man at Arms was pretty effective, and he can soak up a great deal of damage.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 am

I have my TR at 30 right now and have used the Cleric companion for as long as I've been able to have a companion. I've not died once in combat. I have never bought a potion and currently have 74 Healing pots just from drops in my belt. The only time I ever seem to use pots is on bosses that have a ton of adds, but I kill stuff so bloody fast it's insane. I've never felt so OP in a game in my life.
Verdigris

Postby Drafin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 am

I know this may be old info but in end game content caster types want the Ioun Stone (from the Zen market) and melee types want the Cat (Astral Diamonds from the pvp vendor in Protector's Enclave).
Characters
EQ: Drafin Tolra, Madu Azureskye, Nifard
EQ II: Drafin Tolra, Loshack
NWN: @Drafin

Steam ID
Drafin (the one from Hickory, NC) - just let me know who you are if you add me :)
Drafin

Return to Games We Play