Sea of Thieves

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Sea of Thieves

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 am

Last night I played the sub-game of "Try to Log In but Fail Repeatedly because the Servers Are Buckling Under the Load." It wasn't very fun.

For the 20 - 30 minutes I was actually able to play afterwards, it was a hilarious romp! I basically went solo so that I could learn the basics of sailing the ship and navigating. I mostly succeeded, though I had a few "duh" moments when it came to "accepting voyages." Once you purchase them, you have to go aboard and actually accept them to get a specific map.

I didn't know that, so I sailed around semi-aimlessly.

In doing so, I saw a skull cloud, indicating a skeleton fort, and sailed for it. As I neared, the skeletons opened fire with cannons. I thought was out of range, but one rogue cannonball DIRECTLY struck me, knocking me off my ship and into the ocean. I had a small moment of panic as, underwater, I looked up and saw my ship sailing away without me - still determined to assault the skeleton fort without its captain. I swam to a nearby rocky outcropping, drank some grog, and equipped my spyglass. I looked off towards the skeleton fort, but my ship was nowhere to be seen. Recalling a tale of mermaids I'd heard, I plunged back into the water and swam out to sea a bit. Within a few moments, a mermaid appeared and offered me passage back to my ship. I was transported to a strange island, my ship just offshore.

And that's pretty much where I ended. I got bugged, and couldn't access my ship's helm OR my map, so I just exited for the night. It was still great fun. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 pm

I got about 30min in today during a break. Figured out how to get voyages, sailed on the little boat for a bit. Like you, I was solo. Figured out how to find the islands from the voyages, and then dig up treasure.

So far, loads of fun.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:33 pm

It reminds me, in some ways, of original EverQuest - the fun is in the journey between point A and point B. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Big update today. Haven't updated my XBone yet, but I can't even launch the game on PC after updating. :( Frustrating, but I am hoping they sort it out soon.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 am

From what I understand, it was basically a re-download of all 20 GB. I had a moment where it said it was updating Sea of Thieves on Windows 10, but a few minutes later, it let me log in.
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 am

Are ya'll still sailing the high seas?
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Verdigris » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:44 pm

I play now and then, but mostly with my 11yo. She loves the game, and so I sail with her.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 am

I haven't played much, but that's only because I lack people to play with. It's definitely better with friends.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Of course, today IS International Talk Like a Pirate Day, so I'll probably fire it up this evening.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am

So, any chance any of you thieves might be up for joining me on November 3rd while I do my Extra Life marathon?
Kethron

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play