Pathfinder Online

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Pathfinder Online

Postby RemyCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 am

I don't know how familiar everyone may be with Pathfinder. It's basically a rule system and game world based on the D&D 3.5 SDR rules set. It was initially created as a response and protest to the 4E abominiation and grew from there. Anyways, they Kickstarted a Pathfinder MMO and got it fully funded last year.

Here's a link to some articles about it. It looks pretty interesting so far and I'm finding myself a bit more interested in this than Neverwinter:

http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/pathfinder-online/
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Re: Pathfinder Online

Postby Kethron » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 am

It certainly looks cool. 8-)

You remember the days when the choices we had for MMO's could be counted on your fingers, or even one hand of fingers? :lol:
Kethron

Postby Harka » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 am

There is a comic book out as well. I have been reading it since issue one, it is only up to issue 6. Based off of some of the stuff at the end of each book i figured it had to be a gaming system out somewhere.

Pick it up, its not a bad read, it starts with a party and they are all level 1 characters, the picture in your link is of two of them.
Harka

Postby RemyCC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Kethron wrote:It certainly looks cool. 8-)

You remember the days when the choices we had for MMO's could be counted on your fingers, or even one hand of fingers? :lol:

I remember asking you way back if you'd heard of 'this MMO thing' and if you know anyone who plays one. Your response was, "Funny you should ask. We have a guild named Kenafin..." :D

Harka - Cool! I'll check it out.
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 pm

RemyCC wrote:I remember asking you way back if you'd heard of 'this MMO thing' and if you know anyone who plays one. Your response was, "Funny you should ask. We have a guild named Kenafin..." :D

It's strange to think that THIS iteration of Kenafin has been around almost 9 years, which is how long I've been associated with it. It's roots go back even longer, to 1999. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Balderk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

I just registered. Is this the original guild that started back in the first everquest?
Balderk

Postby Kethron » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Balderk wrote:I just registered. Is this the original guild that started back in the first everquest?

It is! Well, a few of the members here were in the EQ1 Kenafin, but all of us played it on Fennin Ro. Then we all reformed Kenafin back in 2004, originally for WoW, but we've gone through several games since. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Balderk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Wow. There was another guild called House Kenafin on Brell Serillis also. I thought it was the same one. Same way though. Lots of people from 1999 with EQ1, then life happened for a lot of people. Crazy stuff though. Do you still play EQ2?
Balderk

Postby Kethron » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Balderk wrote:Wow. There was another guild called House Kenafin on Brell Serillis also. I thought it was the same one. Same way though. Lots of people from 1999 with EQ1, then life happened for a lot of people. Crazy stuff though. Do you still play EQ2?

Nope, none of the Fennin Ro went to Brell, or any other server that I know of. I was part of the original Skorchers for EQ1, but first had dealings with Kenafin when I created a dark elf that was later in House De'Vir.

We haven't actively played EQ2 since 2009'ish, though I logged in last month for nostalgia. Our EQ2 iteration of the guild is still there on Antonia Bayle.
Kethron

Postby Harka » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:02 pm

For your enjoyment!
Attachments
Pathfinder1.gif
Pathfinder1.gif (154.39 KiB) Viewed 25181 times
Harka

Return to Games We Play