Overwatch

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Overwatch

Postby Kethron » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Anyone else playing Overwatch? I got hooked and have been playing pretty much non-stop on battle.net since it released last month. If you are, or if you also play any Diablo 3, you can find me there as officeape#1183 8-)
Kethron

Re: Overwatch

Postby Harka » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:51 pm

We have been playing it on the XBOX One as well as Diablo 3 on the XBOX one. I dabble some with Diablo on the PC but I hate the movement controls on the PC. The click to move kills me when I play ranged characters irregardless of the key to hold to make sure you dont move when aiming.
Harka

Postby Kethron » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:31 am

Harka wrote:We have been playing it on the XBOX One as well as Diablo 3 on the XBOX one. I dabble some with Diablo on the PC but I hate the movement controls on the PC. The click to move kills me when I play ranged characters irregardless of the key to hold to make sure you dont move when aiming.

Understandable - If I hadn't been an early adopter of D3 on PC, I probably would have been inclined to play it on a console, just for being able to use a controller. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Getting an XBone tomorrow. Amazon's Prime Day deal on them was too good for me to pass, so...yeah. It arrives tomorrow. :)

Not sure about Overwatch. We'll see what happens.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 am

Verdigris wrote:Getting an XBone tomorrow. Amazon's Prime Day deal on them was too good for me to pass, so...yeah. It arrives tomorrow. :)

Not sure about Overwatch. We'll see what happens.

The PC is the way to go for Overwatch, if you've got the option. If not, they recently released a patch for the XBone/PS4 versions that includes a much needed nerf to Torbjorn's turret - namely slowing the speed at which it tracks players. For the PC, this wasn't a problem, as the controls with a mouse/keyboard are more precise and good players can nullify the turret. With gamepads, it was significantly more difficult.

Overwatch scratches a competitive itch I've had, and it's easy to jump into for a quick game.
Kethron

Return to Games We Play