Verdun

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Verdun

Postby Verdigris » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:48 am

Been too quiet of late! :D
I'd been following a game called Ardun for a while now. Finally picked it up from Steam yesterday. It's a team based FPS set in World War 1. Visually beautiful. Steep learning curve though. So far I'm enjoying it. :)

Changed the title to be correct. Left all other evidence of my idiocy though. :D
Verdigris

Re: Ardun

Postby Kethron » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am

Link? I can't seem to find anything about it. :?

I've just been playing ARK, multiplayer Space Marine, Subnautica, and a little Fallout: New Vegas (because I saw you playing it and decided to tinker with a new game).
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:06 am

ISuk. No other excuse. It's called VERDUN.
http://www.verdungame.com/

Sheesh. I should wake up before I post.

I've got Space Marine, but haven't played it in ages. How does multiplayer work with it?
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:41 am

Verdigris wrote:ISuk. No other excuse. It's called VERDUN.
http://www.verdungame.com/

Sheesh. I should wake up before I post.

I've got Space Marine, but haven't played it in ages. How does multiplayer work with it?

It's basically a cooperative "survival" mode, where you and up to 3 others take on increasingly difficult waves of orks. Some waves are simply, "kill all of the orks and don't die," and some include a capture point objective. You gain experience and level up, which unlocks different weapons and equipment for load outs. Overall, it's pretty simplistic, but quite fun. It's not something you'd want to do for hours a day, every day, but killing orks is rather satisfying. 8-)
Kethron

Re: Verdun

Postby Verdigris » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:14 am

Killing orks is always satisfying. :D
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:22 am

Verdigris wrote:Killing orks is always satisfying. :D

I had hope for the 40K "MMO" that's coming out (Eternal Crusade), but I really, really don't like their F2P model. If you don't pay anything, you can only play as an Ork, and even then, you're options are limited, as it will cost money to unlock everything available (just for that race).

I mean, I GET that F2P games need to make money through microtransactions, but this one seems especially restrictive. I'd accept if you had most (or all) races available to play (so that you could see how you liked them), but had limited options, with more available to be unlocked if you paid for it.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:01 am

Well think about it for a minute. Making the F2P players limited to Orks insures that Orks have numerical superiority. That's actually pretty clever. :D
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:38 am

Verdigris wrote:Well think about it for a minute. Making the F2P players limited to Orks insures that Orks have numerical superiority. That's actually pretty clever. :D

Yes, but it terms of MMO economics, I don't think it's so clever. :lol:
Kethron

Return to Games We Play