Elemental Evil, with Minsc and Boo!

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Elemental Evil, with Minsc and Boo!

Postby Kethron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:37 am

Neverwinter: Elemental Evil, the newest expansion, is out now. Here's the information from the page (or you can visit the link below):

The time has come, adventurers, to defend the Sword Coast from utter destruction once again!

The Cults of Elemental Evil have amassed their forces to take over the Sword Coast and reduce all life down to its four basic elements: Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water. With each element comes a terrifying coterie of cultists more dangerous than the next. Fortunately for the good citizens of Neverwinter, the Sword Coast factions have lent their strength to the cause of driving out the menacing cultists and saving the Sword Coast. In addition to these powerful factions, two heroes have emerged to drive an armored boot into the elemental backside of evil. Indeed, the Ranger Minsc and his miniature giant space hamster, Boo, have appeared and are ready to aid in the fight to save Neverwinter.

With Neverwinter: Elemental Evil comes the Oathbound Paladin, a class suited to both tanking and healing. Elemental Evil will also bring with it a raised level cap, allowing players to reach level 70 and enter special epic dungeons that have been reworked to provide challenges worthy of their epic title. Adventurers on the PC will also be able battle the Cults of Elemental Evil through 4 new adventure zones, each with its own elemental theme.

The Forgotten Realms are in need of your aid once again, will you heed the call?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9075603-neverwinter%3A-elemental-evil-now-live%21
Kethron

Re: Elemental Evil, with Minsc and Boo!

Postby Kethron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am

I still occasionally play Neverwinter. My highest level character is still Kethron, a level 54 Great Weapon Fighter, but I thought I might play it a bit more often with the new expansion having released.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:40 am

I still have it installed, but haven't logged in in well over a year. Was a neat game, I just spent all my time soloing really, and preferred the community that I had in other games.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:02 am

Verdigris wrote:I still have it installed, but haven't logged in in well over a year. Was a neat game, I just spent all my time soloing really, and preferred the community that I had in other games.

I was kind of in the same boat. The player organization I'm affixed to there is called SOLA - they're a mostly Christian-based guild, though that's not a requirement for membership, as they accept people of various religions, the non-religious, etc., as long as they can follow the code of conduct. Their activity in Neverwinter comes and goes. I find that I still go solo most of the time there, but I think it's the nature of Neverwinter as a game.

I'm also with them for ESO, where they are very active.
Kethron

Postby Harka » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:10 pm

I play off and on, I think my highest level character is in the 60s and is a trickster rogue but I have a wide assortment of toons.

I mostly solo and am not affiliated with any guild.

Your Christian based guild sounds intriguing. oh and I am brain farting, what does ESO stand for? Is it Elder Scrolls?
Harka

Postby Kethron » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:46 am

Harka wrote:I play off and on, I think my highest level character is in the 60s and is a trickster rogue but I have a wide assortment of toons.

Your Christian based guild sounds intriguing. oh and I am brain farting, what does ESO stand for? Is it Elder Scrolls?

Yep - ESO is short for Elder Scrolls Online. It's a much better game than it was a year ago when it initially launched. It's now in a Buy-to-Play/Subscription-Optional payment plan, meaning you can play for free without a subscription after initially purchasing the game, but you can also pay a monthly subscription for additional rewards (i.e. SWTOR). The additional rewards are a 10% XP boost to things that give experience, and 1500 "crowns" a month to spend in the Crown Store (cash shop). Having seen the Crown Shop, there's nothing there that would constitute a "Pay-to-Win" item. Most of what you can buy are outfits, pets, and mounts.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:50 am

Harka wrote:I play off and on, I think my highest level character is in the 60s and is a trickster rogue but I have a wide assortment of toons.

Oh, and that community I mentioned can be found at http://www.solaguild.com, Harka. They play several games, most of which they have a guild for in game, with varying levels of activity. For example, there are probably anywhere from 12 - 22 people online in ESO when I log in during the "early evening" period. Neverwinter seems to be less active than it was, but people are still playing it daily.
Kethron

Return to Games We Play