GTA V preorder

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

GTA V preorder

Postby Bliz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 am

You guys have played it, is the current pre-order worth it?

I didn't go for the one that offered San Andreas and $300/300, because I didn't really care about having the watered down version of San Andreas. Now they've upped the money to $500/500.

Since I am dead set on buying the game anyway, I'm trying to decide is it worth it to go ahead and get that. thoughts?
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Re: GTA V preorder

Postby Verdigris » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:12 am

Not sure what the money thing is. GTA V was absolutely top notch though. Raunchy and violent as you'd expect of GTA. But it's the only one I played all the way through. Just couldn't get enough.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 am

Verdigris wrote:Not sure what the money thing is. GTA V was absolutely top notch though. Raunchy and violent as you'd expect of GTA. But it's the only one I played all the way through. Just couldn't get enough.

What Verd said - it's the only GTA that I actually completed the story for. The story and gameplay was just THAT good, though there was at least one part that I wasn't sure I was going to get through (because of the subject matter). Really great game - not sure about those prices, but it was worth the $60 I paid for it on the Xbox 360. The GTA Online component is also very good. If they ever sell JUST that portion of the game for the PC, I might get it, as your character, stats, money, etc. transfer across platforms (due to them being centralized in the Rockstar Social Network).
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Oh, I'm getting it for sure, I was just wondering about the preorder bonuses.

I had just assumed you guys knew what I was talking about. The original preorder bonus was a copy of San Andreas, plus $600,000 in game money, $300,000 for single player, and $300,000 for multiplayer.

The new preorder bonus is now $1,000,000 in game money, split as $500,000 to be used in single player, and $500,000 in multiplayer.

I'm trying to figure out if that is actually worth it or not. I'm assuming that money is used to customize your cars and such.

In single player, I really probably would try to start from scratch, and play the game as it was meant to be played. But the multiplayer, how do you actually get money, and is that amount something that it would take a long time to get?

Ironically, a day or two after I posted this, the game was delayed again. But I"m still getting it, just trying to figure that out about the bonuses.
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Verdigris » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 am

Keth will have to answer on the multiplayer. I really only tried it once. Seemed interesting as you could do races and jobs and rob convenience stores.

As for what it's used for, guns n' ammo baby! Planes, cars, houses...The good stuff. :)
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:52 am

Multiplayer game modes include:

Free Mode
Deathmatch
Race (cars, motorcyles, bicycles, boats)
Capture
Survival
Hold
Contend
Raid
Parachuting

All of these game modes earn you money and Reputation Points (RP), which increases your rank. Increasing your rank unlocks access to new cosmetic items, cars, weapons, upgrades, etc. You've also got a large number of "activities" such as golf, tennis, and arm wrestling that also give you money and RP.

And as Verd said, you can also rob a store for money, but you'll then have to escape the police.

Heists *should* be in the PC multiplayer by the time it releases. People have been waiting for heists in multiplayer since it released on consoles, as heists were super fun to do in the single player campaign.

Considering how involved the single player game is, the scope of the multiplayer game is quite amazing.
Kethron

Return to Games We Play