Dragon Age: Inquisition

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Postby Verdigris » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:55 am

So, in my second playthrough as an elf rogue (First was a dwarf tank), when I got to the choice between the templars and the mages, it was a COMPLETELY different line of events. Not even similar in the way it played out. Different layout, different story, different things happening. It even changed the timing in the introduction of one of your companion NPCs. I was stunned.

Now I just got back to Haven after recruiting this side of things, so I'm not sure if there are any differences once I close the rift, but I was absolutely floored. I've already seen differences in events based on my world history from DAK. And some side missions are different due to the character itself (Elf v. Dwarf).
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:35 am

That's awesome. 8-)

I'm still working on my first game, still taking my time. That said, I can't wait to start a new game for the very reasons you listed. I think DA:I is the best game that BioWare has ever put out - over previous games in the series, Mass Effect, and yes, even the Baldur's Gate games. I think, to date, it's their masterpiece.
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:43 am

Just wanted to update that I now have it!!

I have only played through the intro tutorial part, but already, I can agree, this game is AMAZING.

Also, I got a gift of $70 set aside, specifically so I can get GTA V when it is released, with no regrets.
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Harka » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 am

Update here as well, I have it and am about 24 hours played. I am like Keth and do as many quests as I can find.

I am at the point where I am going to have to decide mages or templars and I must say, to me, the story makes the Mages a much more likeable choice where with the templars I find I just want to go and kick the head guys ass.
Harka

Postby Harka » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:34 pm

I finally picked this back up after many months not playing and just finished it last week!

Was a very good game and I enjoyed it a lot as with all the Dragon age games.

Started a second time through as a mage, played before as a 2 handed warrior. Never have played a mage and so far it seems to be easier or I just know what to expect and how to play.

Some of the rifts in hinterlands are still a wee bit too hard being level 12 rifts and my group only being around 6 to 8.
Harka

Postby Verdigris » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm

I was sword and board on my playthrough. Went back and started a rogue/archer playthrough, but got distracted by many other games. :)
Verdigris

Previous

Return to Games We Play