Dragon Age: Inquisition

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Postby Kethron » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 am

Verdigris wrote:Don't know about that. Haven't even looked at MP yet. The single player's just so....fun!

I started a SP game (finally), and got about 15 minutes in before discovering that I hadn't set my custom world state via the Dragon Keep. So then I went and did that. Afterwards, I decided I didn't like my character's eyes and started over. :lol:
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 am

Oh - by way of some of my other player organizations, I can probably get us a full MP group, should you choose to play one night. I actually had to turn down a match last night because I was fretting over eyes and it was way past my bed time. :D
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:28 am

The multiplayer is fun - kind of a like a Dragon Age meets Diablo mesh. You fight together to complete objectives in a 4 player group, and gather XP, gold, and loot as you go.

The single player . . . just wow. This game is a really amazing. I haven't finished it, and it's already the best game in the series, and probably one of the best games I've ever played.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 am

Yeah...I'm about 60 hours in and not done yet. That first major cutscene after you start playing is just amazing.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 am

Verdigris wrote:Yeah...I'm about 60 hours in and not done yet. That first major cutscene after you start playing is just amazing.

I've probably sunk 40 hours into it already - not quite that much, but enough to proclaim it one of the best games ever.

BTW - Accept my Origin friend request! :lol:
Kethron

Postby Harka » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:47 pm

My origin handle is Schnuggyman.
Harka

Postby Bliz » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:41 pm

drooling.

I'll probably get just enough Christmas game money to have to choose between DA:I or GTA V, or a bunch of crap that I can't resist on the Steam Sale.

:D
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Kethron » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Bliz wrote:drooling.

I'll probably get just enough Christmas game money to have to choose between DA:I or GTA V, or a bunch of crap that I can't resist on the Steam Sale.

:D

GTA V is a great game - no doubt. I think DA:I is a better single-player game, but it boils down to what you're in the mood for, I guess.

GTA V is the first GTA that I've completed from start to finish - the story was that compelling. The multiplayer is pretty good, too.

DA:I is, as I've put it, the best Dragon Age game of the series - hands down. The multiplayer is a fun addition, but not as deep as GTA V.

You honestly can't go wrong with either.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:13 am

I'll second Keth's comments.
GTA:V was the first I finished of the series. Great game. The MP was okay. But when I got done with the 1P game, I put GTA down and haven't touched it since.
DA:I was 70+ hours to finish 1p and I didn't complete all the little side stuff. Phenomenal game. Haven't played the MP, but I've already used Dragonage Keep to set up a new world history with plans for a new playthrough.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Verdigris wrote:I'll second Keth's comments.
GTA:V was the first I finished of the series. Great game. The MP was okay. But when I got done with the 1P game, I put GTA down and haven't touched it since.
DA:I was 70+ hours to finish 1p and I didn't complete all the little side stuff. Phenomenal game. Haven't played the MP, but I've already used Dragonage Keep to set up a new world history with plans for a new playthrough.

My SWTOR time has been suffering thanks to DA:I. :lol:

I'm definitely going to create a new world history with Dragonage Keep, once I finish my first game. I have a serious addiction to collecting resources - I simply CAN'T pass them over. I have to collect them all!
Kethron

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play