WoW

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: WoW

Postby RemyCC » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:23 am

Whelp, the pre-Legion invasion event is over and it got pretty insane last night.

The normal procedure was a four stage event: Battling low level mobs in a central location, defeating a boss and his two lieutenants, spreading out in the zone to take down elites and Legion buildings, then back to the central location to battle the big boss. Only, last night when we got to the bog boss some elites spawned with it along with several apparently sentient rolling Fel-infused boulders tagged as "Shards of Argus". They were also elites. There had to be anywhere from 20-30 players in that scenario and we got demolished. We eventually pulled out a win but my gear was destroyed by the time we did. All in all, an excellent climax to the invasion event.

I managed to get a full set of Fel Leather Armor drops and pulled enough Felshards to buy all the trinkets from the Fel Vendor.

Like I said above, I'm going to play through Warlords before moving on to Legion but if the invasion event was any indication Legion is going to kick serious @$$.
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby RemyCC » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Imagine the "Oh $h*t" moment they had. This is not the Old God you're looking for. :lol:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/08/ ... ating-boss
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Obligatory post wherein I ask if anyone is thinking of picking WoW back up for the new "Battle for Azeroth" expansion.

So, anyone?

Also . . . first post of 2018. This place is a tomb.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:26 pm

It's definitely been very, very quiet.

Have not considered picking it up. I've been playing enough Elite:Dangerous that finding time to sink into another MMO type would be difficult. I imagine if the incentives were right, I might be persuaded back...
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 am

Verdigris wrote:It's definitely been very, very quiet.

Have not considered picking it up. I've been playing enough Elite:Dangerous that finding time to sink into another MMO type would be difficult. I imagine if the incentives were right, I might be persuaded back...

I feel like it's a situation where I want to pick it back up, but also don't feel like I'd have "adequate" time to play it. Maybe as I clear some of these other long-standing games off my checklist . . .

BTW - I hope you're recovering well, sir. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Doing good. In some ways I feel better than I can remember feeling in a very long time. We'll call it a win. :)

If you get back into WoW, keep me/us posted. We all know I'm an idiot. ;)
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm an idiot, too. I'm on day 2 of being out of work sick with the flu, so naturally I resubscribed and started playing. To be fair, I was still working my way through content I'd paid for and hadn't played yet. :lol:
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Not sure how many still drive by here on occasion. I've reactived my WoW account to run with my kids. Game's changed quite a bit, but still feels a bit familiar. I find myself enjoying it.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:49 am

Glad to see that you're getting to enjoy WoW with the kids. It's kind of a "circle of life" thing in that you started playing it before any of them (those living at home, at least) were born, and now you're playing together.

I tried going back to it twice in recent years, but it just didn't hold me. I wouldn't discount me ever giving it another shot, though. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Yeah, I've got a Demon Hunter that I'm taking through Draenor content. I like it. Once done there, Halli will go through Pandaria.

You staying safe? Seems a hell of a storm headed your way!
Verdigris

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play