WoW

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: WoW

Postby Kethron » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Harka wrote:The 8 year old and I play Neverwinter since it is free. If you wait for sales you can get a good mount cheap as well. and with Christmas coming I expect some sales to hit.

Keth, I forgot to tell you that if you need anything I have a master Tailor and Jewel crafter. Let me know.

Were bigger bags introduced with Mists of Pandaria? If so, I could use some bigger bags. I've been out so long that I don't know what I'd need from a Jewelcrafter.
Kethron

Postby Harka » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Yes bigger bags were introduced.

also, i broke down and bought the expansion. It is a bunch of fun, the garrisons are a nice add on and boost.
Harka

Postby Kethron » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:03 am

Harka wrote:Yes bigger bags were introduced.

also, i broke down and bought the expansion. It is a bunch of fun, the garrisons are a nice add on and boost.

I watched a Twitch stream of someone playing around with them - they look like a good addition.

It'll probably be sometime next year before I can afford to get it. I'm still slowly going through the Mists of Pandaria stuff. I just did a quest that was hilarious!
Kethron

Postby Harka » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Another little goody I just discovered, when you get drops or quest rewards that are blue or purple there is a random chance for an upgrade. It will add a stat to whatever item you get. its a nice little surprise when it happens. I have had about 3 or 4 items get a random boost.
Harka

Postby RemyCC » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm

So, I jumped back into WoW. Upgraded to Warlords and damn the new character models are sweet. The Legion pre-patch also brought a host of new features that I'm completely in love with.

The new combat animations are phenomenal. A Warrior's Charge is now the warrior actually running and slamming his shield into the target. Fantastic.

The Wardrobe system is a godsend for vain players like me that are obsessed with how our toons look. It collects all your quest rewards, BoE, and BoP items into a tab, ala mounts and battle pets, that you can access for transmog purposes. That freed up TONS of bag space for me. Not to mention the gold from vendoring all those items.

All the classes and specs have been re-designed for Legion and although I'm rather nostalgic for the more complicated old-school talent trees I'm otherwise thoroughly enjoying the changes. My rogue now has a grappling hook that seriously increases his battlefield mobility. Coolest ability ever.

I read the earlier comments about Alliance Kenafin and that bums me out. I would proudly bear the Kenafin flag if we could access it again. Anyhoo, my Battle Tag is listed below so hit me up if you decide to jump on.

OH! Even if you don't intend on playing go watch the Broken Shore cinematic Alliance side. It's a tear jerker. :(
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby RemyCC » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:40 pm

I mentioned in the other thread that I finally got around to playing Warlords. The opening phased quest chain is epic and, honestly, it's how I expected to feel the first time we went through the dark portal. No spoilers, just expect awesome sauce.

The garrison system is intriguing as well. It's obvious they were incorporating elements of the RTS into WoW with you building your settlement and growing it by gathering resources. From what I've read they're expanding and improving on that system with Legion's Class Halls, something I'm intensely looking forward to and, if the garrisons are any indication, they'll be a ton of fun.

The Artifact Weapons are another feature I'm excited about. Go to Wowhead and just take a look at the Artifact Weapons, their abilities, and upgradable appearances. Did I mention that they have one not just for each class but for each SPEC? Each with their own quest and lore? Blizzard made it clear that they're using the AW and Class Halls as a way of bringing back Class specific lore and Quests. Check it out!
RemyCC

Postby RemyCC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:14 am

My friends. I would not miss out on the chance to experience the pre-legion demon invasion event. It is insane. Much like the scourge invasion way back the Legion is now invading several areas all across Azeroth but they have taken it to a whole new level. This is the closest you'll get to experiencing a raid in the open world, not to mention the loot is unbelievably powerful and lucrative. Even if you don't want to reactivate your account it's still free to play up to level 20. I would at the very least create a character under 20, play for free, and experience the Legion invasion. It's that good.
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:27 am

RemyCC wrote:My friends. I would not miss out on the chance to experience the pre-legion demon invasion event. It is insane. Much like the scourge invasion way back the Legion is now invading several areas all across Azeroth but they have taken it to a whole new level. This is the closest you'll get to experiencing a raid in the open world, not to mention the loot is unbelievably powerful and lucrative. Even if you don't want to reactivate your account it's still free to play up to level 20. I would at the very least create a character under 20, play for free, and experience the Legion invasion. It's that good.

Curse ye and yer peer pressure to the blackest abyss!

I resubscribed AND purchased ye blasted expansion! :shock:
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am

Kethron wrote:Curse ye and yer peer pressure to the blackest abyss!

LOL! I was just suggesting everyone play a low level toon for free and experience the Invasion event lol! Although, I won't say I'm disappointed you're playing. :twisted:

My playtime is admittedly erratic (the curse of real life) but anytime I'm on I'm definitely up for grouping with either of my toons. I'm currently playing Alliance on Scarlet Crusade either as my rogue main Valthryn or Brynolf, the hunter I rolled to check out the brand spanking new melee hunter spec, which I'm enjoying. Two handed melee weapons really are "hunter loot" now lol.

I did hold off purchasing Legion because I just recently bought Warlords and I'm determined to play through that content first to justify my purchase before I drop more money, but I'll definitely be joining the good fight as soon as my toons are max level. Anyhoo, hit me up whenever you're on. ;)
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:45 pm

RemyCC wrote:
Kethron wrote:Curse ye and yer peer pressure to the blackest abyss!

LOL! I was just suggesting everyone play a low level toon for free and experience the Invasion event lol! Although, I won't say I'm disappointed you're playing. :twisted:

My playtime is admittedly erratic (the curse of real life) but anytime I'm on I'm definitely up for grouping with either of my toons. I'm currently playing Alliance on Scarlet Crusade either as my rogue main Valthryn or Brynolf, the hunter I rolled to check out the brand spanking new melee hunter spec, which I'm enjoying. Two handed melee weapons really are "hunter loot" now lol.

I did hold off purchasing Legion because I just recently bought Warlords and I'm determined to play through that content first to justify my purchase before I drop more money, but I'll definitely be joining the good fight as soon as my toons are max level. Anyhoo, hit me up whenever you're on. ;)

I think I've got some low level Alliance toons on SC, though all of "mains" got converted into Horde in when Cataclysm released.
Kethron

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play