WoW

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

WoW

Postby Harka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Just a note for those who peek in with the new release coming.

I failed to login to our Alliance Kenafin Guild in a month so someone else has grabbed leadership.

If anyone knows who the character Nicholle is, she is now the leader and has taken away all privileges of everyone else left in the guild. So no guild bank etc...

I still control Horde Kenafin.
Harka

Re: WoW

Postby Verdigris » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:47 am

I have no idea who that is.Must be someone from after I left.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:20 am

That stinks. :?

I take it you're still enjoying WoW, Harka?
Kethron

Postby Harka » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Off and on.

They are upgrading the character graphics and have added a bunch of tweaks to the ui. I have not fully explored any of it yet though.
Harka

Postby Kethron » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 am

I heard about that - most of the character models look much better with the update, IMHO.

I wish we all still had a "common" game that we played together - I miss those days. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:35 pm

So . . . after a 4 - 5 year absence, I re-activated my account. I've been playing the heck out of SWTOR, but needed to scale back a bit and take a break before Shadow of Revan (the new expansion) hits.

SO MANY CHANGES!

Still, even with the changes, getting back into WoW is like a really old but comfortable pair of shoes. There are newer, probably more comfortable shoes out there, but the old ones still fit so well. You probably don't want to wear them all the time, but putting them on, just now and then, makes you feel good.

Ok - enough shoe analogies.

With SWTOR's upcoming changes, they're going away from the "skill tree" to a "discipline" system. Having just jumped back into WoW for the first time in years, I see where they got their inspiration. No more skill trees in WoW. The way you allocate talents is much the same way you'll allocated discipline skills for SWTOR. I can definitely see why both have done/are doing this - it simplifies the rather convoluted and outdated 3-tier skill tree system. It certainly made my re-introduction into WoW a little easier. I was up and running with Leios, my Blood Deathknight, in short order.

Also - I'm somehow in possession of two guilds. On the Horde side, good old Rmuk the orc is now the sole member of the Skorchers. Alliance side, I now control some guild called Solis Ortus. The leadership had been absent for more than a year, so I was given the option to grab control. I did. I think this was a guild that I was in with Jeremy and friends for our Alliance characters - after we moved the majority of our toons Horde side.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Kethron wrote:So . . . after a 4 - 5 year absence, I re-activated my account. I've been playing the heck out of SWTOR, but needed to scale back a bit and take a break before Shadow of Revan (the new expansion) hits.

My absence was a bit off there - it was more like 3.5 years away from the game. Still, that's a long time.
Kethron

Postby Harka » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:35 am

I boosted Tanor and Lieos up in guild status. Let me know if you want someone else boosted.
Harka

Postby Kethron » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:46 am

Harka wrote:I boosted Tanor and Lieos up in guild status. Let me know if you want someone else boosted.

Thanks dude! 8-)
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:44 am

Harka - did you get the new expansion? I think I'll wait on it until I've finished going through the "main" Mists of Pandaria content. I hear the Warlords of Draenor starting zones are pretty crowded right now. :D
Kethron

Next

Return to Games We Play