EverQuest Next

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

EverQuest Next

Postby Kethron » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 am

So, there's going to be another EverQuest. If you haven't heard that already, you have now. There hasn't been much released about the next iteration of the series, except that it's going to be more "open world" and "sandbox" like. Those working on it scrapped the original plan because they thought it was too much like EverQuest 2.5. Here's a recent article with SOE's Dave Georgeson concerning the game:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/25/pax-east-2013-soes-dave-georgeson-on-eq-next-and-the-future-of/
Kethron

Re: EverQuest Next

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 am

Hrmmm, I hope in this one Grobb will be a city once again! :o
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am

BurningNebula wrote:Hrmmm, I hope in this one Grobb will be a city once again! :o

If they follow EQII canon, it can't be - unless it's rebuilt elsewhere. Grobb, like so much of Norrath, was destroyed in a series of events (there was the destruction that ripped it apart into smaller islands, and then the explosion of the moon Luclin).
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 am

Kethron wrote:
BurningNebula wrote:Hrmmm, I hope in this one Grobb will be a city once again! :o

If they follow EQII canon, it can't be - unless it's rebuilt elsewhere. Grobb, like so much of Norrath, was destroyed in a series of events (there was the destruction that ripped it apart into smaller islands, and then the explosion of the moon Luclin).

I know, I know. . .I just would like to see the Trolls get some love. But at least we still have Neriak. :)
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 am

I played a little EQII last night, with Vyan and good ol' Rmuk the troll. Let me tell you that with the SOE Emote system (which syncs the motions of your character's face with your face, if you have a webcam) is rather disturbing when used with a troll. :lol:
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 am

Kethron wrote:I played a little EQII last night, with Vyan and good ol' Rmuk the troll. Let me tell you that with the SOE Emote system (which syncs the motions of your character's face with your face, if you have a webcam) is rather disturbing when used with a troll. :lol:

You had to tell me that! Now I'm thinking about going back to EQII just to see!!! :twisted:
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 am

SOE removed the content restrictions for the F2P customers, much like TERA. There's incentives for paying a subscription, but nothing you technically CAN'T do as a F2P player. If you ever paid in the past, you automatically get upgraded to the "Silver" level, which isn't as good as Gold (paying) but better than the completely free one.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 am

Apparently a small development company named Storybricks is working on some of the underlying technology for EQ Next. It's not much of an update, but it does signal the fact that there IS something being worked on. http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/23/storybricks-team-announces-everquest-next-collaboration/

After several months of working together with Sony Online," the team posted, "we can finally reveal that we are collaborating on EverQuest Next. EQNext is 'the biggest sandbox ever designed' and we are extremely happy to be working on the most innovative MMORPG under development.
Kethron

Return to Games We Play