Chronoportals Return to EQII

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Chronoportals Return to EQII

Postby Kethron » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

Apparently these "chronoportals" allows players the chance to "travel through time to experience the nostalgia of the game that started it all."

Interesting. I may have to fire up EQII to check it out.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/21/chronoportals-return-to-everquest-ii-today/
Kethron

Re: Chronoportals Return to EQII

Postby Kethron » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:04 am

I installed EQII (which is F2P) through Steam, and logged in (briefly) this morning. Through total fault of my own, I have two SOE account. My most recent one houses active accounts for Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online (which my son plays more than me). My EQII characters were on my old account, and fortunately, I remembered all of the necessary details. I was quite surprised to see a list of all my old characters there in the character selection screen. Honestly, I had forgot that I'd made some of them. I think I'll log in with ol' Vyan V'Lorn, Dark Elf Necromancer, and see if I can find some of these "chronoportals." 8-)
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am

I haven't found one of these yet, and time is running out. One of them is supposed to be in Antonica, where Vyan is. I may have to "cheat" and see if I can find the location online.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am

I located the "first" of the chronoportals, the one in Antonica (formerly the Qeynos Hills region). Going through the portal upgrades/downgrades your character to level 20 for the instance. However, as I quickly found out, these aren't instances you can hope to solo, as every NPC enemy appears to be of "Heroic" status. Regardless, it's a really cool idea that SOE has in place. 8-)
Kethron

Return to Games We Play