Neverwinter Online

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Neverwinter Online

Postby Kethron » Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 am

FYI - Saw this concerning guild formation on the official NW wiki:

In order to start a guild in Neverwinter, you'll first need to assemble a full group of five players, including yourself all at level 15.
Kethron

Postby Harka » Mon May 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Did you purchase the game Keth?

if so, what are the perks to ownership other than expanded character slots?
Harka

Postby Kethron » Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Harka wrote:Did you purchase the game Keth?

if so, what are the perks to ownership other than expanded character slots?

I purchased 1,000 zen to open up 4 additional character slots. Total cost = $10.

The biggest upside of the Founder's Pack, in my opinion, would be queue priority, but there hasn't been a queue for me since the 30th of April, when open beta launched. The rest is a bunch of items and perks that aren't available to everyone, but nothing that I saw I HAD to have. I just wanted extra character slots, and $10 seemed like a small price to get it.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Tue May 07, 2013 2:18 pm

If you weren't aware, you can do 'Daily' Foundry quests for 1,000 Astral Diamonds. You initate this by talking to the Kobold NPC Rhix in Protector's Enclave.

So, that said, I did my first Foundry quest yesterday, and it was pretty good. I believe it was called "The Hidden Blade", and while there was some combat, the quest was somewhat heavy on dialog. I didn't mind that, because it was generally well-written and interesting. Overall, I was impressed with what's possible through the use of the Foundry. I'm looking forward to doing more player-created quests, and possibly dabbling in making my own.
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Wed May 08, 2013 7:50 am

Kethron wrote:If you weren't aware, you can do 'Daily' Foundry quests for 1,000 Astral Diamonds. You initate this by talking to the Kobold NPC Rhix in Protector's Enclave.

So, that said, I did my first Foundry quest yesterday, and it was pretty good. I believe it was called "The Hidden Blade", and while there was some combat, the quest was somewhat heavy on dialog. I didn't mind that, because it was generally well-written and interesting. Overall, I was impressed with what's possible through the use of the Foundry. I'm looking forward to doing more player-created quests, and possibly dabbling in making my own.

Very cool. I hadn't got around to doing Foundry quests yet and I just found Rhix last night before I logged. I am quickly falling in love with this game. :D
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby RemyCC » Wed May 08, 2013 11:30 am

So what's everyone's opinion on the classes they're playing?

I've leveled a Devoted Cleric to 15 and let me just say...I cannot die. I am immortal. Seriously, haven't come close. I asked the tank to sit back and let me solo the boss in a dungeon run to see how I'd do and I took him and his adds out with little difficulty.

I'm honestly looking for the Cleric to get nerfed once Beta is over. It's insanely powerful as it currently sits. With the damage=heals class mechanic I'm laying waste and keeping myself and the entire party at near full health the entire fight. The targeted healing takes some getting used to, but the AoE heals more than make up for it and once you get Channel Divinity (which super charges all your abilities) it's all over with. Seriously fun class.

I've read in several forums that the Great Weapons Fighter is the weakest class right now...which of course makes me want to play it. I rolled one last night and will level him to 15 to compare with the Cleric.
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm

RemyCC wrote:I've read in several forums that the Great Weapons Fighter is the weakest class right now...which of course makes me want to play it. I rolled one last night and will level him to 15 to compare with the Cleric.

Having played every class at least a little bit, I'd have to agree on the GWF, for the most part. The problem is survivability. Whereas the Trickster Rogue can be accurately described as a "glass cannon", it's one HECK of a cannon. The same can't be said of the GWF. While damage is decent, it's not nearly on par with the TR, and you tend to rely heavily on healing potions to stay alive.

The Guardian Fighter is exactly what you'd think: heavily armored with lots of damage mitigation, making them extremely difficult to kill.

The Control Wizard is squishy but has enough "control" abilities to keep himself/herself out of too much trouble.

You're spot on with the Devoted Cleric, though I did almost die once or twice to sheer numbers.
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Wed May 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Just thought I would chime in-

I actually got into one of the betas, before the open one, and played a bit then. I saw enough to know I would be back and play it after launch. (I played before no character wipes)

These days, single player stuff seems to capture my attention more than MMOs, but since the price is right and I enjoyed this one good enough, I will be in at some point! My big thing was, and I think this was covered on the very first page, was that I thought the classes were limiting. I didn't realize though until talking to drafin the other day that they weren't going to do any more character wipes. So maybe its time to update and get a character going. I know I will need more than two slots though!
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Kethron » Wed May 08, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm a little disappointed that there are only 5 classes, but I think that all of the classes are pretty fun to play, and definitely have specific roles they can fill.

GWF is definitely the weakest class. I think they were wanting to do a DPS/Off-tank type of class. The class' DPS is fine, but I would question their ability to off-tank.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Heya Bliz! Good to see you joining in the conversation. :)
Verdigris

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play