Neverwinter Online

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Neverwinter Online

Postby RemyCC » Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 am

Kethron wrote:I agree with pretty much everything you said, Jeremy. The bottom line is that it's a very fun game to play.

Yeah, I agree completely. I think that's what I was trying to get at and maybe didn't emphasize enough. Despite my nerd-rage about D&D mechanics Neverwinter is quite fun.

I couldn't sleep last night so I played for about three hours or so. I was over my intial D&D fanboy fury by that time so I was enjoying it for what it is: an enjoyable MMO influenced by D&D.

Oh! I rolled a Devoted Cleric and BY THE LIGHT OF TORM they are awesome! Finally, someone got healers right. I heal by ****ing up the enemy. Straight up.

My toons are:

Valthryn - Half-Elf Trickster Rogue
Valurian - Half-Elf Devoted Cleric

I may re-roll Valurian as cleric of Amaunator rather than Torm. That faith seems like it would suit my half-elf better.

Query: Is anyone planning on making the Kenafin guild in-game?
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Fri May 03, 2013 9:54 am

RemyCC wrote:I may re-roll Valurian as cleric of Amaunator rather than Torm. That faith seems like it would suit my half-elf better.

Query: Is anyone planning on making the Kenafin guild in-game?

I'd like to, but it requires a full group of un-guilded people to do so. In other words, we need a group of us online at the same time!

The Drow race is only unavailable to those who pre-ordered the Hero of the North package, but WILL be released to everyone, eventually. I was thinking of going ahead and making the guild and then populating it with Drow later. That, or our non-Drow could form 'The Unlucky.'
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Fri May 03, 2013 10:01 am

Oh, for adding to friend's lists: We need to post our @handle name, which is not necessarily the same as your account name. I *think* mine is @Ryaul
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 am

Kethron wrote:Oh, for adding to friend's lists: We need to post our @handle name, which is not necessarily the same as your account name. I *think* mine is @Ryaul

How do I get a handle on my Handle?
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby BurningNebula » Fri May 03, 2013 11:27 am

Haven't been in the game long, and I already have alt-itis.

Couldn't sleep either last night, so made a half orc devoted cleric named Pruthana. Really like this class, but had to get used to being in a full group with healing. The old phrase, "Location, Location, Location," makes it easier.

Forget what deity I chose for her. I'll update my characters in the previous thread.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby BurningNebula » Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 am

Am I the only one hoping they make gnomes a playable race? So I can get a Honey Badger and name him Francis. :D
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Fri May 03, 2013 2:16 pm

RemyCC wrote:
Kethron wrote:Oh, for adding to friend's lists: We need to post our @handle name, which is not necessarily the same as your account name. I *think* mine is @Ryaul

How do I get a handle on my Handle?

It's setup when you create a Perfect World account (the people that own Cryptic and therefore Neverwinter). I'd try logging into your PW account through the Neverwinter website and finding it there (it's the name that says "Welcome (Name)" at the top. Just checked that out to make certain. Mine is definitely @ryaul.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm

I think I'm @HalliKenafin
Characters are Raphael and Hallistra
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Fri May 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Just confirmed that all you need (and have to have) is the @handle. I'll start a new sticky thread for those.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Mon May 06, 2013 9:39 am

I'll be playing again this evening for a few hours, so if someone wants to group up, let me know. I've now got the following characters:

Brandis Seaskipper - Halfing Trickster Rogue, level 12
Kethron Vrailus - Human Great Weapon Fighter, level 11
Vhen Spiritforged - Dwarven Devoted Cleric, level 11
Vyan Deadeye - Tiefling Control Wizard, level 10
Rmuk - Half-Orc Guardian Fighter, level 8

As I've got a character for each available character class, I can roll out someone to compliment any character class you're playing. Just let me know. 8-)

Skirmishes (balanced for groups) start at level 8 (Blacklake Terror), and Dungeon Delves (also for groups) start at a minimum level of 16, though the minimum and maximum levels for these varies.
Kethron

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play