Rift

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Rift

Postby Kethron » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 am

So, because I'm almost literally broke, I've been playing quite a few free-to-play offerings such as Neverwinter and Rift. I've been spending more time on the latter than the former lately. For some reason, Rift is scratching an itch I have. I like the story, the visuals are pretty good, and everything about it is just "solid." I'll probably be going back and forth between it and Neverwinter. I know most of us here have played Neverwinter at some point or another, but if anyone decides to give Rift a try, I'm on the Faeblight (PvE-RP) server as the Defiant characters Kethron, Vyan, and Ryaul. 8-)
Kethron

Re: Rift

Postby Verdigris » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 am

I know that K played Rift for a while. He seemed to really like it while he was there.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:33 am

Verdigris wrote:I know that K played Rift for a while. He seemed to really like it while he was there.

I was going to also dabble in F2P SWTOR so I could finish some of the character class stories, but their preferred/free status "features", or lack thereof, are pretty lame. Games like Rift, Neverwinter, Tera, etc. give you the full game and feature set, regardless of subscription status.

Rift is going through another major content update right now called Song of Dreams. A free content update, at that. Of course, the servers were up and down last night after the patch, so I really didin't get a chance to play. It's the first time I've ever seen instability in the game, and I believe it's the exception, not the rule.

Speaking of K . . . ever hear from him these days?
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:01 am

It's been a while. If I do see him it's on Steam. I still get spam from him though, where someone hacked his email account.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

Verdigris wrote:It's been a while. If I do see him it's on Steam. I still get spam from him though, where someone hacked his email account.

Which email account? Not a Kenafin one, is it?
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 am

I wish some of our friends we've met through various online activities wouldn't go silent, but it happens. People move on with their lives and sometimes that means there's little or no room for things such as online gaming, or the communities that go with them. It's happened to me at various points in my life. Sure, I've never completely abandoned my online connections, but I have taken an extended hiatus or two.

Perhaps I'm just a weepy old man, but I often think on people that I've met through online gaming and/or online communities - those I haven't heard from in a long time - and it strikes an emotional chord. It's more than just nostalgia. I MISS those people - all of them. I wonder what they're doing with their lives. Are they happy? Are they healthy? I don't have the capacity to NOT care about people. Maybe that's something many would perceive as a weakness, but it's who I am. I care too much. Those people I met online weren't "internet" friends.

They're friends. 8-)
Kethron

Postby Harka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:58 am

We love you to Keth! :D
Harka

Postby Verdigris » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Kethron wrote:
Verdigris wrote:It's been a while. If I do see him it's on Steam. I still get spam from him though, where someone hacked his email account.

Nope. It's gmail or some such. Either that or K thinks I REALLY need a penis enlargement. *shrug*
Verdigris

Postby BurningNebula » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Verdigris wrote:
Kethron wrote:

Nope. It's gmail or some such. Either that or K thinks I REALLY need a penis enlargement. *shrug*

Ah the spam that keeps spamming. I still get those, along with my uncle, aunt that was mega rich and had me in their will.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby BurningNebula » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Also downloading Rift now. Plus in Neverwinter found a pretty big guild.
I believe they also have a presence in Rift as well, plus have a huge interest in
Everquest Next.

[url]thechosenguild.net/home[/url]
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Next

Return to Games We Play