Elder Scrolls Online

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Postby BurningNebula » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 am

Kethron wrote:I think the saving grace for ESO is two things:

-- The vast and rich Elder Scrolls lore
-- The Faction vs. Faction combat

I can overlook some possible shortcomings of ESO because it's a world I WANT to adventure in. I'm fine with levels so long as the grind to get to the top is fun and rewarding.

True, plus I like the fact that there are random quest givers out in the world; so it pays to explore. Thank goodness MMOs have added the map, else it would be EQ all over again.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 am

BurningNebula wrote:True, plus I like the fact that there are random quest givers out in the world; so it pays to explore. Thank goodness MMOs have added the map, else it would be EQ all over again.

I know some developers think that a lack of in-game map helps with immersion and realism, but you have to make compromises in order to thwart frustration. Not having an in-game map is frustrating.

Guild Wars 2 had quest givers that were sort of random. It'll be interesting to see just how random and dynamic the questing can be.
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 am

Kethron

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 am

First-person mode is IN for ESO, but it wasn't shown until recently. Here's why:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/we-didnt-see-elder-scrolls-onlines-first-person-mode-until-last-week-heres
Kethron

Previous

Return to Games We Play