Thinking about putting the band back together

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Thinking about putting the band back together

Postby Kethron » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:39 am

Kethron

Postby Kethron » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 am

The lore of EverQuest Next - the history has similarities, but has been "re-envisioned."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/05/soe-live-2013-the-lore-of-everquest-next/
Kethron

Postby Kethron » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Super excited about this game the more I read. :shock: 8-)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah. Everything I'm seeing has my interest. Really looks like it has a lot of potential.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:17 pm

EverQuest Next Landmark is out now in paid alpha, later to become paid beta in March. It looks to be EverQuest Minecraft, with voxels. The usage of voxels means that you can essentially dig into and alter any bit of terrain you see.

Speaking of EverQuest - I started playing EQ2 again, as it's F2P. I forgot how much there was to do in that game - SO MUCH content.
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Kethron wrote:Speaking of EverQuest - I started playing EQ2 again, as it's F2P. I forgot how much there was to do in that game - SO MUCH content.

If you do the F2P version, you can't use your old characters can you? If I could pick up with Zthil again, where I left off when I stopped the subscription, I'd jump in, but I don't much want to start over.
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Kethron » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Bliz wrote:
Kethron wrote:Speaking of EverQuest - I started playing EQ2 again, as it's F2P. I forgot how much there was to do in that game - SO MUCH content.

If you do the F2P version, you can't use your old characters can you? If I could pick up with Zthil again, where I left off when I stopped the subscription, I'd jump in, but I don't much want to start over.

You can use them, but there may be equipment, etc. that isn't compatible with your F2P version. I tried playing Vyan some, and "bought" back most of his equipment, as it locks it and makes it unusable until you do (or until you resubscribe).

I actually started a new Freeblood Assassin (I had a ton of Station cash from playing DC Universe, and unlocked that race) named Ryaul, and have him up to 24 already. Once you can arm yourself with a Mercenary (an NPC companion that you pay a relatively low rate of money), then things become pretty easy. Honestly, the Mercs are kind of OP. :lol:
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 am

Well, I got in, and because I was still a subscriber when they were originally ftp, I am at silver level. I must admit, it was rather fun to walk around in my old mansion!!

Since everything got reset though, I will have to bone up on mechanics again, and reallocate AA pts before doing anything substantial. The funny thing was, it was VERY OBVIOUS that the last time I played, it must have been Christmas time. My house had decorations and presents everywhere, and all my characters were wearing frostfell hats. LOL

So who is Dalan, was that you, or someone on here?
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Kethron » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

I'm currently playing Ryaul, a Freeblood Assassin. I've kind of put Vyan, my old Kenafin character, to rest for now. I may pick him up later, though.
Kethron

Return to Games We Play