Character Rollback - Thanks, exploiters.

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Character Rollback - Thanks, exploiters.

Postby Kethron » Mon May 20, 2013 9:28 am

Neverwinter had a rollback to address an Auction House/Astral Diamond exploit. I only had one character that was affected.

Q: What happened?

A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

Q: What exactly has changed?

A: We took the Neverwinter OBT down for emergency maintenance, found the bug, corrected it and tested it. In order to fix the damage this exploit caused to the in-game economy, we implemented a necessary rollback of our servers to 5:20 AM PDT the morning of May 19, 2013. This means that characters have been reverted to the state they were in at that time, pre-exploit damage. That includes items, level, experience, etc.

We know that character progress matters in Neverwinter, so as an apology for the lost time and as profound thanks for your continued support throughout this Beta, we are putting together a package of items to give everyone. We plan to distribute this towards the middle or end of this coming week, possibly on Friday 5/24.
Kethron

Re: Character Rollback - Thanks, exploiters.

Postby RemyCC » Mon May 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Crap. Well, I'll be out for the next three weeks anyways due to the move. Hopefully, they'll have more kinks worked out by the time I get back on. ;)
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Tue May 21, 2013 9:00 am

I had gotten my Control Wizard, Vyan Deadeye, to level 20, but was rolled back to 19. However, after playing a few levels last night, he's now up to 22. 8-)
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Tue May 21, 2013 6:01 pm

That sucks, but on a brighter note my Desktop is no longer having the IP issue. *Cheers* So on the Desktop again.
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 am

BurningNebula wrote:That sucks, but on a brighter note my Desktop is no longer having the IP issue. *Cheers* So on the Desktop again.

Sweet! 8-)

Go play Neverwinter! :lol:
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Kethron wrote:
BurningNebula wrote:That sucks, but on a brighter note my Desktop is no longer having the IP issue. *Cheers* So on the Desktop again.

Sweet! 8-)

I would, but I've been busy working on my websites. They are like my obsession now. 8-)
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 am

BurningNebula wrote:
Kethron wrote:

Sweet! 8-)

I would, but I've been busy working on my websites. They are like my obsession now. 8-)

All work, no play . . . :lol:
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Fri May 24, 2013 4:51 pm

l:[/quote]

All work, no play . . . :lol:[/quote]

Got mostly everything setup, now just getting things squared away. Goal is Monday, but not seeing it happening with the setbacks that have been going on.

But bright side is I'm having fun. . . of sorts.
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Return to Games We Play