Neverwinter Online

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Neverwinter Online

Postby Harka » Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am

I created a Half-Orc TR and Damn! FEEL THE POWER!
Also created a human GF, took a little getting used to not dodging but absorbing attacks but it is growing on me.
Harka

Postby RemyCC » Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Has anyone tried out the crafting system yet? It seems pretty interesting. Apparently you hire out NPCs that can craft and gather while you're offline.
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 pm

RemyCC wrote:Has anyone tried out the crafting system yet? It seems pretty interesting. Apparently you hire out NPCs that can craft and gather while you're offline.

Yes, though I haven't gotten very far with it.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Fri May 10, 2013 6:31 pm

I've played with it a little, but not enough to formulate a full opinion.
Verdigris

Postby Harka » Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Ok Rogue, Frakul , is now level 15, i can help create the guild when ready.

I messed around a little in PvP tonight. It is a generic hold certain points and it generates numbers for you. it is very similar to some of the WoW PvP.
Harka

Postby RemyCC » Mon May 13, 2013 7:57 am

Harka wrote:I created a Half-Orc TR and Damn! FEEL THE POWER!
Also created a human GF, took a little getting used to not dodging but absorbing attacks but it is growing on me.

So far I've leveled four toons past 10: A GWF, a DC, a GF, and a TR. I wanted to try all of these in particular out and, d*mn it, I'm trying to break myself of the habit of playing rogues. The GWF was a dismall experience, the DC was a blast (AoE pun intended), and by the time I hit 13 I was thouroughly enjoying the GF and will probably keep playing him as an alt. But, hot d*mn the Rogue is just a freaking blast to play! Once I got all three of my Encounter Powers I was telelporting around the battlefield, chunking daggers, generally laying waste to my enemies, adn doing it in half the time of any other class with the exception of the DC.

It's time to face facts: I'm a rogue at heart. It's always been my favorite class and one I'll always play.

On proffessions: As someone who usually has limited game time I adore the crafting system. At Level 1 (crafting) you can hire one NPC, and more as you level. While I was questing I had my employee gather raw mats, convert mats into usuable crafting mats (pelts to leather), and craft myself a leather shirt (each of which was a 5-20 minute task). Before I logged off I set him on the 6 hour task of mass converting all my remaining pelts to leather which is happening while I'm logged off. Once I level leatherworking I'll be able to hire more NPCs and encrease my productivity. Absolutely love it.
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 am

I've got my TR to 16, and now my Control Wizard to 15. One on one, my CW can dominate anything without taking much damage. It's kind of awesome. I saw you online last night, Remy. If you see me, let me know if you want to pair up. I can bring any class to the table. I'm even trying to get my GWF to 16 so I can pair him with a cleric companion, to see if that helps him a bit.
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Mon May 13, 2013 9:49 am

Kethron wrote:I saw you online last night, Remy. If you see me, let me know if you want to pair up. I can bring any class to the table.

Ah, I must of missed you! I checked a couple of times and saw you were offline. I need to actually set up my chat windows. Right now it's just Zone spam so I probably missed any messages. Just send me a group invite next time you see me.
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 am

RemyCC wrote:
Kethron wrote:I saw you online last night, Remy. If you see me, let me know if you want to pair up. I can bring any class to the table.

Ah, I must of missed you! I checked a couple of times and saw you were offline. I need to actually set up my chat windows. Right now it's just Zone spam so I probably missed any messages. Just send me a group invite next time you see me.

I removed "Zone" from chat for that very reason. It's an option you can "uncheck" in the chat options. I didn't really start playing until a bit after 9:00 pm, but stayed on until around 10:45 pm.
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 am

Update on Professions:

You can access and use your professions at http://gateway.playneverwinter.com. I kid you not. I'm sitting here at work and I just set my skinner to go gather mats. My productivity for the day has just been impaired. :oops:
RemyCC

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play