Neverwinter Online

Past, present, and future games that we play.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: Neverwinter Online

Postby Harka » Wed May 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey BLIZ!

I agree on the GWF, I started a Wizard and much more damage output and survivability in my opinion.

I dropped the 10 bucks like Keth and opened up 2 more slots to try out another couple of classes, figured on the cleric and not sure for the last.
Harka

Postby RemyCC » Thu May 09, 2013 7:56 am

So, I played a GWF last night as much as I could take it and no thank you.

You'd think that a guy wearing scale mail and weilding a big two hander would be devastating but that guy is more squishy than my rogue and his damage output is barely on par with my GF. I had to use a healing potion either during or after every single battle. Hell, one of your At-Wills literally requires you to stand there and take damage while it charges. The first Daily that you receive is an AoE, but unlike other AoE's it's not instant and you (surprise!) take damage while it channels. And Sprint is a joke. Unlike every other class's 'avoidance' ability this didn't help me to avoid anything.

All of that wouldn't be so bad if you had the HP and Armor to handle all that damage or if the DPS output was worth it, but bloody hell my Rogue does better damage and has more survivability in a fight. I felt like more of a punching bag than my GF, who at least has damage mitigation. I played long enough to gain an Encounter Power that provides some healing, but it turned out to be such a puny heal I had to quit in disgust.

IMO the GWF is broken and in serious need of an overhaul.
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 am

RemyCC wrote:IMO the GWF is broken and in serious need of an overhaul.

Yep. :(
Kethron

Postby Bliz » Thu May 09, 2013 10:46 am

This saddens me! I was planning on my first "official" character to be a half orc GWF. Seems I always play a rogue or caster, and thought I'd try some thing a little different. Guardian doesn't really interest me, I was wanting more of the big bad orc wildly swinging a two hander with no thought to personal safety or others. Drafin, if you are reading this, I was thinking Roc Ard, from our tabletop D&D. ;)

Might go for a devoted cleric then, and wait for them to fix GWF
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby RemyCC » Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 am

Bliz wrote:This saddens me!

I know, right!?! I really, really wanted to like this class. It was the closest I could get to my tabletop PC: A half-elf who runs around in scale and packs a big bastard sword. So dissapointing. :cry:
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Thu May 09, 2013 1:24 pm

FYI - I created a Half-Orc Guardian Fighter named Rmuk (Rol Gratul Skorchers). He's level 10 (ish) and available for meat shield duty.
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

We need to designate a night a week where we log in and adventure together. Have a party of toons we play together and conquer the world.
Verdigris

Postby Kethron » Thu May 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Verdigris wrote:We need to designate a night a week where we log in and adventure together. Have a party of toons we play together and conquer the world.

Agreed! Baseball season is almost over for us - just two more games next week - and then it should be relatively easy for me to pin down a time.
Kethron

Postby RemyCC » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 am

Verdigris wrote:We need to designate a night a week where we log in and adventure together. Have a party of toons we play together and conquer the world.

Things are going to be sporadic for me gaming-wise for the next few weeks due to our moving to a new home. I also anticipate a brief (hopefully!) lack of internet access as we transfer everything to the new house. But I'll be happy to commit to whatever day everyone decides on once I get settled in. I miss gaming with you guys!
RemyCC

Postby Kethron » Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 am

Kethron wrote:FYI - I created a Half-Orc Guardian Fighter named Rmuk (Rol Gratul Skorchers). He's level 10 (ish) and available for meat shield duty.

Make that level 12! :D

At first I didn't really enjoy the Guardian Fighter, but figured I'd give it a little more time. I'm glad I did, because I'm enjoying the heck out of it now.
Kethron

PreviousNext

Return to Games We Play