About Kenafin - A Brief History

Anything and everything.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

About Kenafin - A Brief History

Postby Kethron » Tue May 07, 2013 5:36 pm

I swiped most of this, and then modified it (and added), from the "About" section of our former website. Any grammatical errors can be directed at Verdigris (a.k.a. Hallistra), who wrote the vast majority of it. :D

Kenafin was founded in 1999 on the EQ server Fennin Ro. Many of the founding members were participants in the Fennin Ro Epic RP organization who realized that there was a need for a well played, persistent, and intelligent villain in the RP community. With a small handful of characters, Kenafin set out with the sole purpose of making the game fun for the members of the FRE.

Not long after founding, Kenafin took on a life of its own. The small, tight knit crew gave a solid and lasting impression on Fennin Ro and even through all of the new-guild-struggles managed to create a reputation that remains on Fennin Ro even today, several years after the guild left for other games.

After EverQuest, four of Kenafin's original officers, Sarn, Hallistra, Bliz and Morrisa, saw a need for a central location independant of game or game guild for the players to stay in contact. Out of this came The Fellowship, an organization dedicated to friends and promoting solid communication.

During the years since leaving EQ, the original members of Kenafin have branched out to play many different games and have formed many different guilds. In DAoC we were Clan of Legends, The Unlucky, and Sanctuaire Noir, all of the Percival Server. In ShadowBane we once more founded The Unlucky on Dread. From there our members went to multiple games such as City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, and Horizons.

In 2004, World of Warcraft saw us establish ourselves first on the Bleeding Hollow PvP server as members of the Horde. Due to a high population, we transferred to the Crushridge PvP server. While we were successful with the "roleplay" portion of our time on Crushridge, most of our members felt uncomfortable with Blizzard's PvP rules. We decided, as a guild, to re-roll on the Scarlet Crusade RP server, this time as the Alliance faction. Kenafin enjoyed most of it's WoW success on Scarlet Crusade, as we set up the guild, formed alliances, and actively participated in the RP community. Eventually, the majority of us went our separate ways, and Kenafin, as an active guild in WoW, was no more.

We even briefly reformed as Kenafin in EverQuest II (the guild still technically exists on the Antonia Bayle server), albeit on a much smaller scale.

These days, the scant few Kenafin "die-hards" frequent this message forum. We don't really have a unified presence in any one game, but we still keep in contact. We still game together. We're still a community.

We are Kenafin.
Last edited by Kethron on Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kethron

Re: About Kenafin - A Brief History

Postby Harka » Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Amen Brother!
Harka

Postby Verdigris » Tue May 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Here here!
Verdigris

Postby RemyCC » Wed May 08, 2013 8:46 am

Huzzah!
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Bliz » Wed May 08, 2013 10:12 am

*cheers*
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Spyte » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 pm

meh. i gave at the office. :lol:
Spyte

Postby Verdigris » Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 am

Yes. Yes you did. And the check bounced! ;)
Verdigris

Postby Bliz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:39 am

I have often wondered where the name Kenafin actually came from? was it just a random thought, random name generator, or did it come from something specific?
Notable characters

EQ - Josia Dragonblood, Bliz Kreeg, Luse Malache - Horizons - Gnart
DAoC - Chenesil, Aria, Cieasan - WoW - Ivee, Kildaria
CoH - 3.14159 - EQ2 - Zthil
TSW - Kildaire - Defiance - Josiah Dragonblood
Bliz

Postby Kethron » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:16 am

Bliz wrote:I have often wondered where the name Kenafin actually came from? was it just a random thought, random name generator, or did it come from something specific?

The name Kenafin comes from "House Kenafin" of Forgotten Realms lore. House Kenafin was a drow house in Menzoberranzan, though never one of the "big" ones, ranking 10th in the city at it's highest, I believe. The females of the house "were famous for taking immense delight in subjugating and terrorizing of its house males."

Sound familiar? ;)
Kethron

Postby Verdigris » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:58 am

Hallistra Kenafin was a Drow I played in a Forgotten Realms D&D game back in the late '80s. She's sort of stuck around ever since. The House name was in the Forgotten Realms Drow sourcebook. My usage of the name, and Hallistra (An accidental misspelling of Halisstra from the sourcebooks) predate Salvatore. We just both thugged from the same source material. Always hated being asked about those books because I've never read them.
Verdigris

Next

Return to The Commons