The "Mary Sue" Problem

Anything and everything.

Moderators: Kethron, Verdigris

Re: The "Mary Sue" Problem

Postby BurningNebula » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:54 am

But, but, but kids do like him! Well until he sacrifices them for a goal. Anyways here are the numbers:

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 18
James Dean, James Dean... 21
Stars For His Eyes 34
Angst R Us 13
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 8
Total: 94
Neverwinter
~Celdia Lhunaris~Trickster Rogue
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

Hah hah, 94! :lol:
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Kethron wrote:Hah hah, 94! :lol:

Some of them I just said. . .could be? click click click.
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby RemyCC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:16 pm

I could live with this:

Valthryn is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy.

He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Valthryn, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Valthryn is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 18
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 7
I'm Destined For What? 5
Healthy as a Horse 1
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 5
Total: 36
Battle.net ID: RemyCC#1202
RemyCC

Postby Verdigris » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:05 am

EQ Halli-
Hallistra is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Hallistra, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Hallistra is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
I Love Her, I Let Her Go 5
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 6
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark? 12
Can't Complain 9
Momma HATES Her! 3
Total: 35

WoW Halli would have been far higher. And I won't even start with Deelon and Clearchus.
Verdigris

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Verdigris wrote:EQ Halli-
Hallistra is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Hallistra, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Hallistra is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
I Love Her, I Let Her Go 5
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 6
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark? 12
Can't Complain 9
Momma HATES Her! 3
Total: 35

WoW Halli would have been far higher. And I won't even start with Deelon and Clearchus.

I combined all the games for Nephizul, I may do Nephilim for the fun of it. Hehe
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby BurningNebula » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Nephilim is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Nephilim, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Nephilim is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Hehe, too bad he's was only in EQ.

Score Breakdown
I Love Him, I Let Him Go 6
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 9
I'm Destined For What? 6
Can't Complain 4
Momma HATES Him! 2
Total: 27
take the test again
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Kethron » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 pm

The combined EQ/WoW character Vyan scored an 80. So . . . there. :lol:
Kethron

Postby BurningNebula » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Kethron wrote:The combined EQ/WoW character Vyan scored an 80. So . . . there. :lol:

Yay!!! Now I don't feel so bad :D
Neverwinter
BurningNebula

Postby Harka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

I ran Harka through this:

Harka is only a little like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Harka, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Harka is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
I Love Him, I Let Him Go 10
He's The Anti-Cool 3
I'm Destined For What? 5
Healthy as a Horse 0
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 6
Total: 24
Harka

Previous

Return to The Commons